Fish stew : “Suquet”
- 1/2 kg of mussels
- 1 kg of beach fish: pagel, blacksmith, sole… You can also use angler fish, turbot …
- 1 potato for person
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 glass Picada from Molí de Pomerí (or a handful of almonds, hazelnuts, pine kernels, garlic and toasted bread)
- 1 small glass of white wine
- Saffron, garlic and oil.
- Clean the mussels and let them steam, without water. Once opened , strain them and keep he water and mussels separately.
- Peel and cut up the garlic; fry in abundant oil.
- Peel and cut up the potatoes. Set them to cook in a pressure cooker , together with the water of the mussels, the white wine, the fried garlic and add the water necessary to cover everything. Let cook for 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut up the fish already cleaned. Prepare a clay pot (earthenware pot) and put everything inside: the fish, the potatoes with their water, the picada Molí de Pomerí, and the saffron.
- Cook on low heat for 7 or 8 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish. Correct salt and add the mussels .